Useful information, guides and videos for school administrators
Here you will find the most up to date information on new system features and helpful guides to help you manage your daily tasks.
sQuid SchoolPay - Latest Updates
We are pleased to inform you that a number of updates are now live in sQuid SchoolPay, making it easier for you to manage the administration of school trips and offers.
New Booking System now available in sQuid SchoolPay
Our new Booking Management system is live! Create and manage booking slots for school clubs, activities and events, and use the Attendance Register if you are required to take attendance.
Accepting Childcare Vouchers
Download and follow our guide on using the Subsidised users feature in sQuid SchoolPay to accept childcare vouchers for full or part payment for school clubs.
To view previous news articles go to the sQuid archive.
sQuid Dinner Money videos
A day in the life of a sQuid School Administrator
How to enter meals
How to mark meals as collected
sQuid Dinner Money - Web Client FAQ's
Can you use google chrome to access the Web Client? If not please follow the instructions below on each affected computer and they should resolve your issue.
- Click on COG icon (top right hand corner)
- Scroll down to Compatibility View Settings
- Untick the box Display intranet sites in compatibility view
- Click Close
Please follow instructions below;-
- Log in to sQuid Admin
- Go to Preorder tab
- Find the correct menus for the day by clicking through weeks and days
- Once the correct menu is showing on your screen please click Set Today’s Menu
- Get the teachers to log out of the Web Client (Meal Ordering) screen and log back in and the correct menus will then show
sQuid Dinner Money - sQuid Admin FAQ's
Please try logging in via RDweb web page and follow accessing Admin instructions on page 4 of your sQuid Dinner Money Manual. If your password had expired, you will be prompted at this point to change it. You can then re-download the new icon to your desktop
Unfunded Meals will show you a list of any person who does not have sufficient funds in their account to purchase the meal they have selected
Please check the Class Overview Report to ensure all classes have saved their meals
Please use the Reconciliation Report, you can find this in the Reports tab under Financial. You can enter the dates you require for the report over on the right hand side and then click Open Report
New Starters and Free School Meals Changes FAQ's
Please follow the instructions below;-
- Log in to sQuid Admin
- Go to the People tab
- Search for the required person and then either double click on them or press the View Person icon
- Click on the Account tab
- Find the 16-digit account number and three digit CVV number
- These are the details you will need to send a sQuid Registration Letter to the new person
If you have signed up for sQuid SchoolPay you will be able to use out Communication module to create emails or letters to send out to new starters.
Any Free School Meal changes are automatically pulled through from the school’s MIS system. This happens overnight at roughly 1am so any changes you make will show the following day in sQuid Dinner Money. If your Free School Meal changes are still not showing after 24 hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know the names of the students affected and they will get resolved for you.
Please follow the instructions below to amend your Free School Meal Price. Please note that this has to be changed before a day end has been ran to take effect.
- Log in to sQuid Admin
- Go to the Maintenance tab
- Click Financial Setup in the left hand column
- Highlight the FSM Amount line
- Insert the required amount in the settings box on the top right hand side
- Click save
As long as the offer has not yet been purchased by any parents, you can make changes by converting it to a draft.
- Click on the Action cog beside the offer name
- Click Convert to Draft
- A pop up message will appear asking "Are you sure you want to move this offer to draft?" Select "Move Offer"
- Next, go to Drafts and click the Action cog beside the offer you want to edit
- Click Edit offer
- Make the desired changes and click Save and proceed and then confirm you want to make the offer live
You can subsidise the price of an offer for any students who are not paying the full price.
- Set up your offer, clicking Save and proceed as you continue
- When you reach the page Select users to be subsidised, please untick No users selected
- In the Search for users bar, enter the name of the student who will be paying a lesser amount
- In the Subsidised users box, please enter the amount that the selected user will pay.
- Click Save and proceed
If you need to collect cash or cheque payments, then these can be processed on sQuid SchoolPay by following the steps below:
- Click on the Action cog beside the offer that which is being paid
- Select On-site purchase
- In the Search for user bar, enter the name of the student and then click Search
- Select whether the customer is paying by cash or by cheque
- If you would like to add the monetary denominations tick the Would you like to add denominations checkbox
- Select the denominations
- Click Buy
- To add another on-site purchase, click New On-site Purchase or click Finish
For cheque payments:
- If you would like to add the cheque reference, please tick the customer is paying by cheque checkbox
- Enter the cheque reference
- Click Buy
- To add another on-site purchase click new On-site Purchase or click Finish
If you have Exporter installed, then the student information which is held in your school's MIS will automatically pull through to sQuid SchoolPay.
If you do not currently have Exporter and would like this to be installed, please contact your sQuid Account Manager.